Friday, October 16, 2009

I must admit I finally watched a clip from the Pam & Jim wedding, thanks to the YouTube clip Sarah Dessen included in her blog entry. Definitely put a smile on my face, as it is 45 degrees outside and overcast. I needed a little afternoon pick-me-up. It's actually my second pick-me-up, the first being a visit to Plato's Closet, which, if you haven't heard of it, is kind of a teen clothes and accessories consignment shop that's buying back fall and winter stuff right now. So I went in with a handful of clothes, some that they didn't take (too worn, oh well), and came out with about $10. Hey, I'm $10 richer and it was minimal effort, for anyone who considers themselves lazy. I'm definitely telling my sister to clean out her drawers at her earliest convenience because I know she could make more than ten bucks off them. Let me put it this way: her drawers are mostly all broken because of the sheer volume of shirts and pants she crams in them, some she probably doesn't know she even has. Whenever I'm getting bored with my clothes selection, I go on a scavenger hunt through her dressers and find some shirts she hasn't worn in oh, I don't know, three or four years? On occasion I've found shirts of mine that I stopped wearing in the beginning of high school and thought I misplaced them. No, nope. Kels has them tucked away. Or should I say balled up?

On another note, I'm leaving for a cross country run in about half an hour. Braving the cold weather. No rain or wind right now, though. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. i got $10 bucks from platos closet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it only teens and do you know if they have locations besides Harrisonburg? I have stuff that could definitely use consigning and a few bucks wouldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did you sell back? I feel like I sold back 4 or 5 things and expected a little more, but it was still money. People came in with 2 laundry baskets full of clothes! I'm pretty sure it's geared towards teens, but depending on the brands you can sell stuff back. I've seen Izod, Express, Gap, Guess, Old Navy, J Crew, Levi, Mossimo, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger. And then the obvious teen brands. There's one in Paoli and I know there's a locator function on the website. I just know the Harrisonburg one's been advertising on the radio.

    ReplyDelete