Tuesday, October 13, 2009

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a recent addict to cooking. I live with three other girls and, well, only one of them has had serious cooking experience. My parents didn't raise me on mac and cheese, hot dogs, and hamburger helper, though. I've been privy to a number of dishes that my dad experimented with or saw on The Food Network and decided to try. And both of them are Italian, so it's really the best of both worlds: good genes and a knack for trying new recipes. Just to offer up a sample, this weekend I had shrimp scampi and london broil, not take-out.

Lately I've googled recipes that are cheap, easy, quick, and healthy. I know, I know I'm needy, but I'm a college kid. Anyway, here's my Top 5 (from what I've discovered thus far, and in no particular order):
1. Turkey & Balsamic Onion Quesadillas
2. Fajita-Ranch Chicken Wraps
3. Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Shrimp
4. Stuffed Peppers
5. Grilled Fish Tacos

Some of them even had prices per serving (less than $3!). Call me crazy, but I think any recipe's worth a try once. Right? If anyone has any other good ideas, let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment