Sunday, October 11, 2009

As you can tell, my name's Kaleigh Somers. I wanted to make that crystal clear because the purpose of this blog is to help keep in touch with people and allow them to stay up to date with my book, which is, ironically, called Keep In Touch. More on that later, though. For now, here's me:

I'm a sophomore in college, majoring in film production but minoring in creative writing. I'm hoping, crossing my fingers really, that I can get my first novel published. I'm heavily inspired by some of my favorite young adult authors, so for all you Sarah Dessen or Deb Caletti readers out there, keep me in mind when you scan the bookshelves. Besides writing, I love running (less in the cold). My recent addictions, though, are NFL games and cooking.

I don't want to say I'm normal because really, who's normal? Nobody. So I'll use this word instead: relatable. Especially to anyone who's ever gone through something rough or been a teenager. Oh wait, that's most people. Obviously I can't relate to being an adult yet, but someday. For now, I hope my thoughts and commentary on life will be enough for someone else to feel comfortable and less alone with what they think or feel. I can tell you from experience that that's a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment