Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sorry for the lack of posts, guys. This week has been exhausting. Let me see if I can recap. Tuesday I scheduled classes for spring semester, and I'm in loveee with my schedule. I don't have Friday classes and I'm done at 10:45am on Thursdays. Talk about amazing. Yesterday I had lunch on campus at this place that's kind of a mock Panera Bread. Sadly, I've only eaten Panera once and it was last August on move-in day somewhere in Maryland when we stopped to go to the bathroom. However, I'm told it's quite amazing. This place, though, has panini sandwiches, so I got the Tuscan Vegetable one, which apparently had tofu on it. Yuck! So I took out the tofu, and the rest was great. Definitely not getting that again. And tonight I went to a cycle fit class over at UREC, which is a wonderful invention as all the group fitness classes are free and you don't have to go to the same ones every week. Such a great perk about JMU! The class killeeeed my legs, but I felt good surviving the hour, since I'm no cyclist. I think the kind of people they hire for those things are meant to distract you and motivate you. This girl was like someone from one of those workout infomercials you see on TV. The kind that make you want to get off the couch and put down the chips.

Tomorrow I'm taking another class, this time more of a resistance training course, and I think it'll be a nice change of pace. I'm really struggling to find some sort of work out activity I can enjoy. Anyone have ideas? Running in the cold just isn't appealing to me, especially when I don't run fast enough to keep up with a teammate to talk with and keep me pushing myself. And I feel like I'm too short to play most sports. Maybe that's a misconception.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could go to fitness classes for free! And I agree...those instructors are not human. Somehow they manage to stay cheerful (and even sweat-free) the entire class - but I guess that's good because it drives you to keep going, if only to avoid the embarrassment of falling behind. BTW I set up the blog on my RSS feed, so now I get it automatically :)

    ReplyDelete