Thursday, November 19, 2009

I confess, I feel like all I've done the last few days is read and watch movies/TV. Don't worry, no more tests or papers are due until two weeks from today, at the earliest. Which is good for anyone who wants to know what books to read or movies to watch, because I've got a couple more for you.

First of all, I finished Mother of Pearl and loved it. Definitely depressing, but oh so real and just heart-wrenching. Now all the boys are gagging, but most of the characters are guys in it, so don't throw out the name just yet. It's really brilliant and I'm not sure if the author has other books, but I'm intrigued enough to look. It looks like she has two other books - Chalktown and Willem's Field. Here's the cover for her first book:

I just started reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger yesterday afternoon and I'm already over 200 pages in, which says something. Honestly, I'm one of those people who has the good intention to read the book before I see the movie, but just never follows through. So, our on-campus movie theater is showing it Dec 2nd-5th and I want to finish the book before then so I can watch it when I get back. As I read it, though, I'm already picturing Rachel McAdams as Clare, in part because how could I not? I'm a huge fan. And in part because she plays Claire in Wedding Crashers, one of my all-time favorite movies. And I've been in the mood to watch another Rachel Mc movie lately - The Family Stone. I know, I'm dropping names of movies like nothing, but this is me rekindling that interest I forgot about. It's a manifestation of my withdrawal.

Last thing I'll leave you with: Erin Brockovich. Just watched that again yesterday and while it's over two hours long, it never bores me. I think I spent maybe 5 or 10 bucks for my copy with some promo on Columbia House. It made me want to find something I really love to do and use it to change the world, one step at a time. It made me wanna be a part of something big. Now no more typing. I'm off to change the world. Or...just pack for thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment