Monday, January 11, 2010

Now that I have a blog, I'm much more exposed to blogs in general - the good, the bad, the ugly. And it's my conclusion that some blogs have a ton of multimedia- you know, links to other blogs in the sidebars, photos, embedded video files, etc.- and others are minimalistic. Both come with pros and cons, but some of the blogs that are dripping with photos just bore me. Maybe they're not set up right and it's just an endless page of scrolling through half-loaded pictures of some stranger's life.

Just today, I started taking a class in web design and the professor threw out a whole laundry list of vocabulary used that I didn't really know much about at all. However, by the end of the 8-week class I will have to have 2 designed websites, so it's my hope that I can incorporate my education into this website, maybe changing up HTML, adding some more pictures, and cleaning it up. Functionality says a lot about websites these days and a poorly designed website turns people away quicker than most companies or organizations probably realize. I'm hoping that this class helps me spruce my website up and attract more readership.

On a side note, I'm also starting a class that's focused on Photoshop CS4 and maybe if I'm getting the hang of that I'll be able to put together a mock book cover for Keep In Touch using my new skills. No promises though. Make sure to check back and see how the classes are going, and maybe you'll be more inclined to stick around if I put my skills to use on this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment